Colour plays an important role on your website. In fact, choosing the right colours can have a dramatic impact on your success.
Many copywriters have found that a headline written in red does better than a headline written in black or any other colour. Additionally, different colours have different reactions and representations.
For example, green tends to symbolise nature and natural elements. You won’t find a natural cleaning product at your supermarket that is in red or purple. They always use green.
Therefore you couldo fit your colours of your website to your brand.
Here is a bit of information to help you get started:
- RED –Love, passion, romance, danger, excitement, action, and adventure. Red is an impulsive, powerful color.
- BLUE –Calmness and serenity. Professionalism. Trustworthiness and success.
- GREEN – Nature, money, and health.
- ORANGE –Creativity, celebration and fun.
- PURPLE - Passion, royalty, luxury and fantasy.
- WHITE – Simple. Clean.
- YELLOW –Youth, playfulness and fun.
- PINK – Femininity, fashion, youth.
- BROWN – Basics, simplicity, nature.
- BLACK – Decisive, mysterious, unwavering.
What colours best fit your website and purpose? Take a look at other websites and look at the colours they’ve chosen. Did they make the right choice? How do the colours affect your emotions, decisions, and attitude about the website?
When you’re planning your own website, give some thought to the colours you’ll use.
Colour and shape play an important role in the design of your website. Visit Top Article to learn more about the elements of successful website design.